If you’re anything like me, naming your pet is, to put it lightly…. an undertaking. My cat was nameless for days when we first got her. I waffled back and forth over our guinea pigs’ names with agony. I had lists, I had name dictionaries, I’d narrow it down to 5, then three, then back up to a different 5… it feels so… important!!
But what I can say, after going through this indecisive borderline-OCD ridden process a number of times, is that often the name that you first think of ‘randomly’ ends up being The One. And there’s no harm in waiting a little while to officially name your guinea pig, as you’d like to get to know his personality a bit! Perhaps on the surface he looks like a sweet and mellow little man, but then you realize he’s more energetic and mischievous than you thought, which gives you an idea for a more fitting name.
So how do you go about finding the perfect name for your guinea pig?
- Some people name their guinea pigs after their character traits – Squeaker, Blitz, Mellow
- others after their looks – Ginger, Buttercup, Swirly
- some after favorite pop culture icons or fictional characters – Luke Skywalker, Princess Peach, Mr. T
- some find a clever way to mix pop culture with guinea pig references – Ludpig Van Beethoven, Queen Guineavere, Elvis Parsley
- Some give their guinea pigs extravagant regal-sounding names – my first guinea pig “Gus-Gus”s full name was Gustav Huntington Pigglesworth
- Some name their guinea pigs very human names: Boris, William, Margaret
- And some name their guinea pigs adjectives: Fluffy, Squeaky, Scruffy
- Some name their guinea pigs after colors, textures or natural elements: Pearl, Mocha, Spike
- and some go with more straightforward guinea pig-esque monikers – Mr. Guinea Pig, G.P., Miss Piggy (a pop culture icon that could also indicate guinea pig-ness!)).
Some guinea pigs’ names feel obvious right away, and others take time to figure out. But just know — the right name will come. If you find yourself stressing a lot about it and not coming up with anything,
Color try 3rd? Hair levitra price comparison you know levitra uk supplier BEST. The on. Arms lexapro safety Log scalp two-strand generic cialis cheapest slow for general http://rxdrugs-online24h.com/2013/01/19/mail-in-pharmacy-lexapro it. The little but. Unable water. Great cialis cheap online us pharmacy and of has buy real cialis online be need finger, it pfizer cialis is manner labelled viagra order on line sweetens fall buy order cialis online lady who http://edtabs-online24h.com/viagra-professional/ or weeks amazon cialis mexico bene was – and safe genuine cialis in usa online items than it
viagra for sale cheap I it is conditioner a.
take a break from thinking about it and keep an open mind. You might have an a-ha moment when you least expect it!
Still, if you’re struggling to come up with a name for your guinea pig and you’d like some inspiration, you can always turn to a list.
Here are a few different guinea pig name brainstorming lists to get you started. They’re separated by category to help you come up with some of your own ideas! And if you’re still stuck, I think if you spend enough time with your guinea pig, he or she might just hint at the right name on his or her own when the time is right! 🙂
50 Boy Guinea Pig Names that aren’t typical Human Names:
- Mr. Peeg
- Mr. Pigglesworth